Mental Performance Coaching
The goal of a strong mental game is to be fully committed to your sport’s performance. This includes being focused on what is relevant, confident you can execute, and your body is relaxed to be able to be at your best. Mental skills can be developed and bring more enjoyment to your sport reach new levels of performance.
Unfortunately, many athletes experience doubt, distractions, frustration on the field of play which gets in the way of their performance. Every athlete knows the mental skills are important, however very few train these skills. To perform at your best, you need to train your mindset just like you do your physical skills.
Mental Performance Coaching Skills include:
- Motivation- why you play your sport
- Goal Setting- designing what you want to achieve
- Practice Plan- executing how you will move towards your goals
- Competition Preparation- being at your best when it matters most
- Focus- the ability to pay attention to what is relevant during competition
- Confidence- the belief you can properly execute
- Emotional Control- managing thoughts and reactions to keep the body relaxed and calm
- Mental Toughness- the ability to bounce back after adversity
Mental Performance Coaching utilizes developing:
- Pre-competition routine
- Routines to minimize anxiety and boost confidence
- Breathing patterns to reduce stress and become relaxed
- Reframing self-talk to shift from doubt to confidence
- Visualization to remain focused on what you want to achieve
- Competition strategy through proper preparation
- Focus using Focus Band- brainwave application
- Emotional Resilience using Heart Rate Variability training
Dr. Rick Sessinghaus- Mental Performance Coach
Rick Sessinghaus will create a customized training plan utilizing worksheets and videos toward achievement of your goals. It starts with a mental game assessment which identifies the strengths and areas of improvement. Take your game to the next level today and sign up for a mental performance coaching session today.
Rick is the expert on the mindset principles that make or break performance on and off the field. His coaching has helped top junior, collegiate, and professional athletes reach new levels of performance. Rick has also provided seminars and consulting to college teams. Rick’s coaching philosophy revolves around his PERFORM performance system.
As a former professional golfer, Rick has now found more satisfaction helping others achieve their dreams than he did in his own competitive career. Long intrigued by the fact that physical skills were rarely the determining factor in athletic success, he studied the mental and emotional skills that make or break a performance. Adding to his Bachelor’s Degree in Speech Communications, Rick received his Masters and Doctorate Degree in Applied Sports Psychology. As he continues to enrich the quality of people’s lives through his proven performance enhancement system, Rick is constantly researching the latest scientific findings pertinent to achievement in golf, business, and life.
EDUCATION | HONORS | CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Master Trainer of NLP (Neuro-Linguistic)
- Mental Performance Consultant for UCLA Men’s Golf Team
- Mental Game Certified Professional
- Mind Factor Certified
- Member of the PGA (PGA of America)
- 2008 Southern California PGA Metro Teacher of the Year
- Golf Tips Magazine Top 25 Instructors in America
- Certified Practitioner of Athlete Assessments’ DISC Profile
- Certified Human Potential Coach
- One on One via video conferencing
- One on One coaching in person at Performax Elite
- Webinar group seminars
Rick Sessinghaus Psy.D